Sunday 4 March 2012

Oh how I love to sit and sew... Doo Dah (to be sung to the tune of Camptown Races)

I managed to finish my Guild hanging and get it posted on Thursday afternoon so I was able to breath a slight easing of relief. I managed a 20 minute nap before leaving for my evening class. I get to Thursdays, about 4 pm and truly think going out is not on the highest of the list of things I want to do. If I were to write a list at 4 pm on a Thursday, probably nap, tea and warm bath would be high up there.
Anyway, there's always that Friday morning feeling.... I was oozing lovely warm, staying at home feelings. So what did I do?
Only went and made what has to be the BEST chocolate cake that there is. I know that sounds a big shout but honestly... try it. It's got sour cream in it and more in the icing. We've actually been fans of sour cream in icing for a while here, but when Nigella does it, you think - maybe we are not that daft!
Mr H did the running about on saturday, which was great, I couldn't face town and bumping into people. Amazing that when we were in New york, I didn't bump into one single person once, yet in Glasgow you can be black and blue after an hour. UNLESS - I have been mastering my new technique for walking on a busy pavement and not being bumped into. It basically involves looking left or right, which ever you prefer. The point being, if the oncoming pedestrians think you are not paying attention THEY will move to avoid you. Try it, it works 99% of the time.
So instead I put together my Japanese kit from EuroJapanLinks . I don't want a cushion though so it's a hanging, or it will be once it is finished.

No comments:

hand

hand
Hi!