Tuesday 14 February 2012

Kindle Cover for No2 D.

I'm typing this watching one of my favourite films. You've Got Mail. I can't tell you how many times I have watched it. It's become a joke in the house, but I JUST love it. So much so that a couple of years ago when Mr H and I went to NY city, we stayed in the part of the city, upper west side where a lot of the film was made. Talk about bliss. Didn't bump into Tom Hanks though. This is Meg Ryan's quilt. Love a film with quilts in it...
 
Last October I made No1 D an ipad cover . It, though I say so myself was very nice. Quite professional looking. So last week I got my act together and No2 D got her own version of it for her Kindle. She's pretty pleased with it.
We had another day out on sunday. It was the holiday weekend when the children had a few days off. Mr H didn't, except for sunday, so we took ourselves off to Largs . The funny thing is, we have been there many times but we got lost this time!! We forgot how to get there and ended up using the GPS on the iphone to get us in the right direction, never mind the correct road. This is the road...





Talk about beautiful. It was the quietest road that narrowed and narrowed to the point Mr H was beginning to worry about his alloys. No cottages, no cars just sheep standing staring. The only exception was the parked up camper van with steamy windows... ahem... Mr H " well at least we know they're alive!"
Largs is famous for a few things. Great viking centre, ferry across to Cumbrae and of course Nardini's.
which we obviously had to visit...






1 comment:

PURLPOWER said...

Talking about films with quilts in, you HAVE to see The Descendents (if you've not seen it already) there are AMAZING Hawaiian quilts throughout and I kept getting distracted from the story because the quilting was so cool! Plus George Clooney is in it, 'nuff said!

Thanks so much for saying you'd be willing to help me with some quilting designs. I would really like to meet up and show you the paper piecing I have inherited and get some advice as to what I could do with it. Can you drop me a line by email sometimes and maybe we can fix up a good time and place. There is a new crafty cafe in Glasgow that I am keen to visit - my treat!....my email is rovingriceyATyahooDOTcoDOTuk

hand

hand
Hi!