Sunday 5 February 2012

Arty trip out


No1 D, I have mentioned in the past, attends saturday classes at Glasgow School of Art. She's only 14, 15 this year but seems to be leaning in the direction of something arty. I hope very much that she succeeds in whatever she wants to do with it. It is a wonderful thing to do, spend 4 years focusing on your passion.
From experience, my one warning would be, it passes all too quickly... absorb absorb absorb.
Anyway, she is working on portraits at the moment and painting. Off her own back she requested we take a wander around the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum  
It was actually a lovely afternoon. She was mightily impressed when I told her that I, myself have had a drawing hanging in said museum... part of a Schools competition many a year ago when her dear mother won a silver medal. Maybe I should wear it about ... 1984 :-O
It was all very interesting and we munched on some homemade macaroons that I had whipped up this morning. In taking a few pics as we walked about, we had a bit of giggle at this one...
FishHead Mummy...
Almost as much fun out of that as MrH will get out of his new gift. He is anally into The Beatles so we couldn't resist this yesterday..
Get it?? Sgt Pepper..... LOL!!






1 comment:

PURLPOWER said...

Enjoying Ivor Cutler on your blog ipod today! I am seeking advice on how to make use of some patchwork pieces that I've inherited. Feel free to ignore or say 'no' but if you might be interested in being hired for a private patchwork lesson for a couple of hours some time later this year then let me know....

hand

hand
Hi!