Thursday 23 February 2012

Flat week.

Last saturday I collected my No1D from her class and was gobsmacked to see how much of the old Design School at the Art School has been knocked down. So much so that, the window I sat next to is now visible...
Just below the "S" on the crane... where I sweated blood and tears - literally..
All things change I suppose... sigh.
There was to be a bake sale at Guides... and as quite normally there is a tight turnover of time through the week and so since I was in and No1 D was not - I was busy baking. I don't mind in the slightest in truth,  quite the opposite. Last time our Oreo Brownies didn't sell so we took a different angle and after skulking in the corner of LAKELAND cookware shop, reading their book on cake pops and "How to", I went away and had a go. So we had some Piggy Cake Pops for the bake sale...
and they were a sell out. One person did ask "were they standing in a toilet seat?" No!! It was a polystyrene shape that sat around a glass bowl - HONESTLY!!
Well they were such a hit, I'm going in on their last night to get the Guides to make them.

I have also been trying to be inspired by the Guild AGM competition theme "A Visit to Scotland". For the first time in a long time the AGM is being held in Scotland. I 'm doing a Young Quilter's workshop which will be fun. Helping at another. Anyway, A visit to Scotland.... can't get past shortbloodybread...
I've gone with a plaid-ish effect and I think I'm going to applique thistle-like shapes on top. But I am sighing with disappoint because I envisage several thistles.
Oh well, at least an entry. It's only to be 24" square.
Get on with it - she says to herself, and make it pretty!!





No comments:

hand

hand
Hi!