Saturday 3 September 2011

New Slippers

In June one of my groups had a day trip to a beautiful town in the middle to east of Scotland, Linlithgow. It's a really lovely place actually, with a castle, lake, bountiful tea / cake shops and to top it off a Patchwork shop, an embroidery shop and a fabric shop which has really good patchwork fabric.
So needless to say a few purchases were made and stroked.
Including some FILZ-IT wool. A pattern for slippers comes inside the paper ring that holds the ball together. One ball makes one pair of slippers. I wish I had photographed them before washing because for the second but smallest size for No.2 D they were ENORMOUS... proper huge clown shoes even on me. Comfortingly it suggested washing twice if the felting wasn't small enough once first washed - but it worked!!
I also bought some anti-slip iron-on sole thingys in the shape of paw prints. How long they will last, I have no idea but safety first was in play at the start!!
P.S When I say "Even on me" it isn't because I have incredibly large feet - honest - I is tall!!

1 comment:

PURLPOWER said...

Sounds great! There was an ale trail I intended to do earlier in the year in Linlithgow. I wish I'd done it now - ale and patchwork could be a match made in heaven (although perhaps not so good for the bank account!)

hand

hand
Hi!