Sunday 5 June 2011

I had my last class.

last week was my last glass class - unless I re-enrol in the new term (sept) which I am considerng. It is a bit of a commitment because not only is it pretty pricey, it is a commitment of time. Time taken from sewing days to design/plan/make glass... so thnking about it.
I have started cutting up another one
I don't think I'm an addictive personality , I just was determined to make as much as I could in my 6 wks, and this - hopefully - is for a friend who gave me piles of lovely things to get me started, far too much truthfully.
This time last week I made a quilt practically in a day which was lovely lovely lovely, so today I wondered what I could sew. Not a quilt, not today, so after a bit of this...
I made myself this for holidays...
..the skirt. I traced the shape of a favourite summer skirt and made a pattern. It must be age - because I overlocked seams, finished edges... the old, young me - if you like - would have mish-mashed what from the outside looked great but wouldn't last.
Anyway, pleased as punch :-)




1 comment:

PURLPOWER said...

Love the skirt! Shame I couldn't make it to the last class last night, just too tired...yet again! Keep in touch over the summer if you can!

hand

hand
Hi!