Monday 30 May 2011

Sewing this week because...

...I left my glass box at art school :-(
I could have cut up and played with glass but since I left my stuff to save carrying home I couldn't.
I planned to sew but my children took over and I left them to it. It was quite a pleasure to sit with my new magazine, which is lovely.
I got a lovely surprise in the post last week, I took part in Quilted Basket Swap. My bag went to Canada and I received this lovely bag from Belgium, so lovely!! Thank you Monica X
My mother was away on a quilting weekend at the lovely Fat Quarter shop run by Kim. And I got this
gorgeousness.. For obvious reasons the Layer cake is very appropriate and was bursting to be chopped.
It obliged beautifully and chop, sew, chop, sew - talk about happy patcher. I spent yesterday from midday sewing away. There was an Agatha Christie fest on the telly so I ploughed along whilst I absorbed Poirot (twice), Miss Marple and another mystery... 
and today I finished off the binding and put on a hanging sleeve. So it is now beautifully positioned on the wall in my old sewing room that was finally cleared up on saturday. It had become a dumping ground and anything needing sorting was thrown in, but it is actually a pleasant little room. Now as you come up the stair this lovely quilt smiles at you. WHich is good because it takes your eye from the grubby ancient carpet. 


No comments:

hand

hand
Hi!