Friday 1 April 2011

Holiday break... YEAH!!

So as I type this we are about to embark on a fortnights holiday from school and college. Much needed refreshment time - and I don't really mean glass of wine or whatever, I'm just talking about - no deadlines, no expectations and the break from the usual routine. Lovely.
I have also JUST completed sewing together the sewing clubs project this term.
There were 15 to do, they have made these sewing tidy's with 2 pockets inside and a needle keeper, and cross-stitched their own initial. i went around each one with my sewing machine to sew the inner and outer pieces together. This hid all the workings and thread endings. We had 2 boys this term which was pretty good. Next term it's aprons - although due to our busy busy April with so many holidays :-/ we will not restart until May, so plenty time to prep for that.
No2 D has just completed a 'Victorian" project at school so we were invited to go to a Victorian morning at school. Each child took in a little something, Victoria sponge cake, homemade lemonade.. my D made "Fondant Fancies" 

We actually managed to make quite a few and when I saw how many cakes there were altogether I thought we had been overly ambitious... however - every one was eaten. They were very good.

No comments:

hand

hand
Hi!