Wednesday 13 October 2010

A hooray and a day out...

Hooray, the trusty sewing machine which is now in it's 10th year enduring my non-stop use has just come back from it's visit to the health farm. A strip down, right good ear-waxing, and a thorough towelling down has brought back the tension and returned the lovely big lugger to it's special place in the work room. She was missed. It was a bit like losing the car for a fortnight, you can walk places, still get to the shops and get things done but it's not the same.
To walk into my room and there be an empty space on the table was torture. Especially as I got the December issue of BHG American Patchwork & Quilting and it is full of delicious things to immediately begin (even though there is a backlog of UFOs).


Anyway, so I had to go to STIRLING to collect her, so took No2 D and cousin A for a day. We had a roam about and a browse here and there and then made our way to The Wallace Monument .
246 steps to the top, chasing young legs is not easy but fortunately there were a few levels to rest the legs and pretend that I was as fit as they were.
Some lovely busts on the second resting level...
And then on the way out we got to see some falconry and pick a new pet...

( We didn't bring it home in the FIAT - bit of a swizz! Man said... "Girls would you like to hold the bird", looked at me - "You can take a picture". Girls both excitedly agreed it would be fab. Brought the bird over and as he slipped the glove on the hand of Cousin A, said to me "£2 each in the bucket thanks") Nicely done I thought as I emptied last coins from my person :-/
Stindgy Scot you are thinking.


No comments:

hand

hand
Hi!