Tuesday 13 March 2012

Dough bore

Sorry but I'm going to become a dough bore....
my Sour Dough was FAN...BLOODY... TASTIC....
It's true what they say, Patience is a Virtue. It was very difficult but I waited VERY patiently and it worked.
So... (like baby snaps)... here is the sponge, early days...
And this is at the toddler stage, first rise...
And then I forgot to take a pic of it lying in it's floury muslin cloth, 2nd rise (teenage years) Oops. I don't have a proving basket that can give you lovely ridges up the side of the loaf, so improvised with a large Sophie Conran bowl I have...
Then, full blown adult hood ready for slaughter (grim I know)...

Talk about chuffed. The one thing I need to work out is timings. I was baking it at midnight :-/
And whilst this was slowly developing I got some borders on two quilt tops that have been lying way too long as UFOs.
Haven't photographed the other one.



No comments:

hand

hand
Hi!