Wednesday 2 November 2011

Has Halloween passed already!!

In my head I have points in the year to ground myself to... to stop it feeling like one week runs into the next TOO quickly. But it's not helping!!
Halloween is a classic example.
When the summer break ends, I think.. half term next... half term ends, I think... Halloween... after Halloween... OMG it's Christmas!!
So this is freaking me out a bit. So the lists have started - in my head - which is completely useless, as I can walk into another room and forget everything.
Anyway, lets have a look at Halloween
As usual the great Scottish weather was pretty crappy for the Guisers (Trick or Treaters). All day the weather was dry. Too windy for some of my house decorations that were getting blown around so much I gave up. Then by the time the light darkened, and the kids were ready - the heavens were well and truly opened. The rain was awful. Really WET rain, which sounds a silly thing to say, but the poor kids were all soaked!! 
I forgot to take pics of the toffee apples finished, and they are all gone now!! and the pumpkin cakes which we've eaten!! and the baby's legs I fed them for tea - delish!! 
Basically you just get chicken legs and thighs still in one piece, cook them however you wish, I barbeque sauced them, then you make little baby booties and put them on like feet. They are so funny - visiting children have to be persuaded that it is actually chicken. HONEST!!
We had purple potatoes too, bit off putting really, but they taste just like ordinary ones.
What filled my heart was my two at the end of it all, washed and PJ'd, saying "thankyou mum, we had a great time" - filling up now typing it. Sweat hearts X




1 comment:

Second Chance Tan said...

Your pumpkins are great. I too feel that now Halloween has gone, it's just Bonfire night to go, then free wheeling downhill all the way to Christmas!

hand

hand
Hi!