Monday 28 November 2011

Computer age... PAH!!

(N.B You can just go straight to the pics and avoid my rant if you wish)

Why does it take forever to do things on the computer? Isn't it - aren't they supposed to make life easier? STOP.. well in fairness I have just been shopping, at the kitchen table, coffee cup and egg sandwich at the ready... maybe a Pringle crisp or three. Not too many as I am becoming quite disciplined with Pringles - basically I could eat the tube.
But - the flip side is we got a telephone call this morning about a direct debit that is due. Turns out on saturday, the DD was asked for electronically and the money sitting waiting to fly down the wires was sent by the bank... then the wire skipped a beat and the money slid back and the DD never reached it's goal. App some sort of electronic glitch. Efficient (for once) Mr H telephoned the receiver of DD and organised it over the phone speaking to PEOPLE.
The end result was that PEOPLE can not take over from computers... because the money wanted to fly again and have another go because the computer said so... (are you with me?) So...
today we got a phone call from said receiver of DD - because they never talk to each other - saying

Them - "Your DD didn't arrive, we are going to try it again!"
Us- "But we paid it over the phone"
Them - "You'll have to cancel that"
Phone bank... "Nope can't cancel, the payment has been made - it is sitting in cyber space awaiting landing"
Us - "*@$*"
Them - "You'll have to cancel DD order"
An hour later, back and fore as go betweens finally it was sorted - all because of some electronic funny turn on saturday - wonder if it's a strike imminent?

Talk about frustrating. AND I discovered 900 emails that haven't arrived into my inbox. My computer deciding they were Junk and listing them so. Some emailed family pics, and stuff.. I don't think I have the energy to trawl around and find where the setting is that I'll have to deactivate. Maybe the pixies will do it when I 'm asleep. Role on my children getting that bit bigger so I can just leave them a note....

In another time zone - I crocheted a handle bar moustache for Movember
Look it's been a long day so far - I also persuaded Mr H to take a grip of Miss H and hold her whilst I gave her a makeover. She was desperately in need of a bath - seriously not great in the whiff dept. I know you're asking - she's a Border Terrier.



And now she is perfectly cuddly-able..



No comments:

hand

hand
Hi!