Monday 27 June 2011

Talk about wind down...

Well just like a light switch puts the light on, it can switch off. I think that's what's happened here. Is this a psychological thing I'm wondering? It's been so busy the past few weeks and gradually things have been stopping for summer. Afterschool clubs, classes, kids music blah blah... the girls finished up last week, as did I, and I feel like I sat down with a cuppa and haven't got up.
not strictly true, we got a new ironing board - which sounds unexciting but OMG it's ama-Z-ing as teenage childers would say. It's a beast of a baby and very flat - don't laugh - it's really wide and flat. So for a first our ironing basket is empty :-D
No2 D got a job, she started delivering papers last week and so far is enjoying it. (A week in)
I am making myself a bag, and have decided to, influenced by my many japanese books, embelish the front pocket a bit...
I have been crocheting dishclothes too, hark at me the domestic goddess :-D I'm also working on a wedding cake this week and next, and today LOVELY flowers arrived for me as a pre-thank you... no pressure then.
My gardens not bad either, although I need to get that wall painted...


1 comment:

PURLPOWER said...

how about some pictures of The Cake?

hand

hand
Hi!