Monday 7 February 2011

Whole day sewing away yesterday...

Well yesterday I spent the whole day sewing away. It was lovely. It was a day when the girls seemed happy enough, I popped out to make them some lunch and stuff but they didn't seem to bother that I was disappearing again and the whirr of the machine.
I was trying to get together my Block of the month final blocks...
It started Feb 2010 and the last block appeared last week. I actually had the last three blocks to do, so that was my mission yesterday. The fabric was a The Quilt Room, Surrey  jelly roll from a few years ago and is pretty And grey really. I like it, but I need something around it and I haven't decided that yet. I quilted it in 2 halves and joined them, so now it's waiting for it's border. I do have a peely wally green which sits nicely around the edge but I may like a soft grey too... might hang off until the grey wallpaper is up and then decide. 
I have also been finishing off another block of the month

The date you will see is 2009 :-/
I did embroider all the pieces and sew them together with the log cabin border in that year (!) but I could not make my mind up re-the border. So it just sat and sat. Then last week I moved it as I was tidying up and lay it on a something cream and I thought... oh! So within a few hours I had attached strips of cream, then the log colours and bound it in the black and started embroidering. I do love Lynette Andersons work. 
...and as usual...  in my avoidance to the tidying I browse and click and trawl wonderful blogs, websites , etc and found this fab project..
One can never have enough pin cushions - or pins for that matter. They're like socks, I buy them and use them and then suddenly the only ones left in the pincushion are the bent ones!! 


No comments:

hand

hand
Hi!