Friday 14 January 2011

This week I have been ...

... walking on the beach
with Mr H and herself. The following day I had groin strain, due to the fact I have been a lazy so-and-so for the past few weeks and so running on the beach with the dog has done me both the world of good and no good at all! I can hardly find the power in my strained legs to lift them to cross. How embarrasing! So we did that, then the following day Mr H was off, and since next week my evening classes kick in I decided to make something really lovely for our tea as eating together will be back to aminimal event. Mr H is in editorial and is at work from midday to midnight, and when he has an evening off I am working... that's the way it is and occasionally the girls are upset by it but they are sort of used to it.
So what did I make...
Bouillabaisse! With a large glass of white and some homemade bread. It was so tasty, I can't tell you how nice it was. Best I've ever had - maybe, certainly I have eaten it by Loch Fyne and that was pretty good, and in France where it was indeed delicious. But my own was, well save blowing my own trumpet.. :-P Delicious.
Over the past few weeks I have not been in the sewing room much at all. Only to access the fridge that lives in there, or steal a bit of cake from the safety spot away from the dogs reach. So I made the effort to clear a little and switch on the machine.
My friends laughed at me when we were at The Festival of Quilts last summer, because one of my purchases was a bundle of irregular scrappy scraps... £3. Bargain I thought, one day when my room is very tidy I may take a few pictures - I have a LOT of fabric, I know people have big stashes, but I have bolts... bundles... rolls... so what was I doing buying someone else's scraps?? I know!!!


Anyway, I halved the strips and cut 10 1/2" squares of wadding and started laying/sewing the strips down, leaving raw edges. Once stitched I trimmed the squares to 10 1/4" - I got 18 squares for my £3. So I am quite chuffed. How long will it take me to join them all together with sashing... there's a question!


No comments:

hand

hand
Hi!