Sunday 2 January 2011

Always a bit sad..

.. to put the decs away. Well not quite done at home yet. I find it slightly sad that so many people around my way put the decorations up soooo early then as soon as they've sobered up aft Hogmanay they are packing it all away. We wait unit twelfth night, not for huge religious reasons, it just seems right. AND it makes the house feel cold and empty.
Well, that would be true if I wasn't a clutter monster but you get my drift.
Anyway, thought I might show the quilt I made for my niece for Christmas, PATTERN HERE
and the cushion for her sister from Sew Pretty Homestyle
and.. here's my mothers quilt finished just before Christmas which she is very pleased with.
isn't it gorgeous!!!
(to add... on reading this back, I haven't made it clear that she made this herself)


1 comment:

PURLPOWER said...

Your mam's quilt is beautiful! I hope you had a happy hogmany. We leave our decs up 'till the last minute....I'm a 'more is more' when it comes to decoration. Happy 2011 to you and yours. Helen x

hand

hand
Hi!