Wednesday 4 November 2009

Pillow Talk



There comes a time when enough is enough. From little acorns, great oaks,,etc. Well, for some time I have admired this type of french, linen cushion with initials on it. They have always been slightly overpriced in my eyes, so I kept a look out on ebay and managed to get the letters for a snip at a couple of pounds including postage.  The linen around the letters - I had, and the back which is white linen-y with red trelllis print was from your friendly local swedish store. That same swedish store sells cheapy cheap pillows which are fab for stuffing, I think they are about £1.25. I love the fact that I poggled together these cushions that are v. pretty and cost v. little. The test is whether the other half can make the bed and put them where they are supposed to sit.
So the enough is enough.
Our youngest D is 9 now, and so I asked if she liked my new cushions. She replied yes, very impressed as they took me no time to put together (media researching)..
so I said - "well then... only people with their initials on this bed are permitted to sleep in it!"
"mmm.. that's not very nice!"
"That's the way it is my lovely". So we will see. A 9 year old is quite a space stealer.


And then Christmas is starting to happen in our house. I haven't requested the boxes start coming down from the attic yet but shortly. For reference only, as I have no memory of what I have made. The snowman here is "Tilda" - completely my favourite books. The bottle bag is "Nancy Halverson" - another fav. The little box I made myself, as with the stocking. Maybe I might set myself a challenge of a "How to..." post. We'll see.

No comments:

hand

hand
Hi!