Monday 18 May 2009

It's been surreal and busy..



Well, there have been a few things happening since last I wrote. I have had a lovely little sewing room in our smallest bedroom which has been a lucky lucky pleasure. You couldn't swing the proverbial, and I am sure George the cat would protest if I tried...


So, we have had several discussions about converting part/most of the garage which is just off the kitchen. I have plenty stash squashed into my cupboards upstairs and then when the shop shut I held onto niceties.. so..


a joiner came on the Friday to inspect and returned 4 days later to begin..


And last tuesday he finished! So I was testing my plastering skills at the weekend - the taping the seams bit. Well I can do seams on the fabric nature and I can ice a cake so put the two together, and hey presto.


Then on top of this, which lets face it, anyone asked to clear their garage over a weekend is going to stop time!.. we collected our new pup last week.
It is like having a baby again, except I can walk and run and not fret about going to the loo! She is "Haggis" a Border Terrier and she is gorgeous. The children are smitten, I am smitten, even the big bad daddy is trying to hide the fact that he is smitten. In between worrying about smelling of dog.
I am hoping to show a pic of Haggis sitting in my newly organised sewing room, the easy bit was getting the joiner in!

No comments:

hand

hand
Hi!