Thursday 6 September 2012

Let's not comment on time span since last posting. Let's just go from here....

I don't know if the word 'Summer" can be posted here. Based on the months involved, yes indeed the word ought to be used but I'm afraid other than us being off school/work there wasn't much in the way of a summer feeling around here. In fact, I think we only ate outside TWICE!! I didn't even bother painting the table and chairs.
If it hadn't been for this...
I think there would have been a real feeling of misery at the wetness of our holidays. We were lucky enough to go back to Tuscany and I think we all agreed that it was one of the best holidays we have all had.








The above three pics are... the quilt that I was working on - always a bit of stitching to be done in the peaceful warmth of a quiet day. Mr H holding it over a slight drop ... I jest it was a HUGE drop. To drive up to the house we were in you were lucky to use 2nd gear for any of the journey... it was very much in the "Italian Job" vain, causing a few hairy moments in our miniscule Fiat Punto.

The house was completely wonderful and completely my dream holiday home. It had a fantastic bread oven which I was shown on the saturday we arrived and was lit by lunchtime sunday.. pizzas and homemade bread - as you can see in the last pic. What it doesn't show is that the side of bread hiding from us is completely black!! Fab bread oven, experience required!! 


1 comment:

PURLPOWER said...

Amazing pics! I have always wanted to go to Tuscany. I'm off to Venice later this month with an old pal and can't wait. Haven't been to Italy for years. Quilt looks ace, as per bloody usual! I've signed up to do a course at Strathclyde Uni. in P&Q 'sampler' design - needed a daytime course as get too tired in the evenings, especially as the nights draw in. Hope your new term goes well.

hand

hand
Hi!