Tuesday 11 October 2011

Still a bit miffed with the iphone..

...but I won't let it get to me. I've taken some really good pics and they are sitting in one place and I want them somewhere else. It'll come, patience and all that. I will make an appointment with a Geek and he or she will make it all come clear in 5 mins and I'll think - WTF!

Anyway, other things. Only a month or so late - No2 D got a cover for her iPad.
I think form the blurry pic that it looks as though there is a crack across the screen but I can assure you, there is not!! I used a proper felted wool red lining with a heavier weight Japanese fabric which makes the whole thing strong and sturdy. Isn't "sturdy" a good word.....
Anyway, no wadding, grid quilt lines and a press stud fastening. She's pretty chuffed with it, so that's pleasing. 
I'm also working on a house block "thing" probably a hanging, how big - we'll have to wait and see. I made the little 3" sampler blocks many many years ago, maybe 10, I can't remember and they have laid about waiting. 
Then, in one of the quilt-y magazines there was a picture of a sampler quilt where all the sample blocks were actually the sides of house blocks. I loved it! So put these into houses...

We have had a few birthdays these past few weeks, incl my own. I will try and take a good picture of my gorgeous present (one of) it's so lovely...
We had a really great day out at Loch Fyne - which I think is my favourite thing to do on my birthday. Take the dog up into the hills and mist...

The best pics were on the iPhone :-( 
Then we took a drive around the "Rest and Be Thankful" and finish up at The Loch Fyne Oyster Bar. I know they have them all over the place now, but what can beat sitting in the little wooden conservatory, tucking in to lovely fresh food looking at the Loch? Maybe sitting near the wood burner in the snug looking out the side windows at the Loch... not in a city or a town though, given the choice.


No comments:

hand

hand
Hi!