Monday 6 September 2010

Lovely Film







One of the John Barry songs on my probably very annoying bits of  music that play on this blog, is from a film I watched when I was 17.It was called "Follow Me".

In those days we didn't own such a thing as a video tape recorder... laughing now I use the pause button on SKY to make a coffee!!
Well, I have tried to get a copy of the film for so long and it is impossible. It turns out it's also known as "The Public Eye" and stars Topol, Mia Farrow... and a British actor whom I had a bit of crush on - at that time - , Michael Jayston. 

Well, searching on the web again, I discovered that it's very popular in Japan, and the whole thing is available with Japanese subtitles, on YouTube, so I watched it.


And this time I was quite taken with Topol!! Is that what happens as you get older. 
Anyway, it is a truly lovely, subtle, touching film, and a fantastic view of early 70s London.


PS I have just re-read this and I should add... that I was not 17 in 1972 when the film came out, I was but a slip of a child and heading for my 4th birthday. Let's not rush things!

No comments:

hand

hand
Hi!