Thursday 17 December 2009

First time footsteps...



Today No2 D wanted to come home on the school bus. Well that was just fine by me as I was sewing this afternoon and so it let me get on instead of braving school run traffic.
Miss Haggis lay on the back of the couch gazing out the window as I watched "A Town Like Alice", one of my favourite old black & white films. How fab is that.. an old movie, hand embroidery you MUST do (a gift for someone else to give) heating on, mince pies... tidy house, decorations up... oh note this down as a perfect afternoon, and then...
it started to SNOW! Like a Christmas card, talk about cherry on the cake.


The beeper on my watch chimed "school's out" - not literally obviously but wouldn't that be a terrific gift for any busy parent? So Miss H and I donned our garb and off we went. She made her first bit of yellow snow and later snaffled it back up. I will remember this when she licks my face at bedtime!
She did enjoy her jaunt and then we were safely back into the warmth and since I pressed the R button on the sky, I can now go and finish off watching Virginia McKenna being wooed by the handsome Peter Finch.


P.S. Did I mention the cheese and HOMEMADE oatcakes had for lunch? oh I am so good x


No comments:

hand

hand
Hi!