Sunday 22 November 2009

If I knew you were coming...

Well, it was a rather pleasant day today. Pottering about but more importantly NO must do's. Quick something to chew on then off to the ski lessons for the 2 Ds. I am fully impressed at their ability and the fact that they are both enjoying it. To persuade himself is the mega mission! Too wet and windy to stand outside and watch so I took my knitting, bought a coffee and finished the first on my socks.
So then we came home, plenty provisions in, no need to shop, and No.1 D asked if she could bake a cake. So switched on the oven for her and left her with the good old foolproof recipe...
Weigh 3 large eggs with their shells and then weigh out flour, butter and sugar to the exact same weight, and then cream your butter and sugar, add an egg followed by third of flour, another egg, another third of flour, etc. You add a couple of tblsps of milk at the end to slacken it off but we dont bother with vanilla extract really, relying on good butter for flavour.
Anyway, these are her snaps...





It was absolutely delicious, especially because she had done it all herself. AND washed up and wiped worktops... how fab was that. So we ate it watching The Railway Children. I am so sad I was crying before the "My daddy, my daddy.." bit because I knew it was coming.


And this is a bit of hand sewn log cabin that I am  stitching in between the sock knitting... watch this space, these ones will be for moi. Another 12 logs to put with this, using up some pre-cut 1 1/2" strips I bought, not a Moda J/roll, repro fabrics, really lovely.

No comments:

hand

hand
Hi!