Thursday 26 August 2010

clearing out...





Well, in going to Birmingham and seeing stall after stall of wonderous quilting things it only deepened my misery of the drowning stash. At what point does an exciting and wonderful stash become a ton weight that signifies the lack of time there is in a day or week. Well, this summer I have been working on stash busting. I didn't buy too much at the Festival of Quilts and I actually enjoyed myself more for that.
Over the past few months I have completed one quilt top, one quilt, some blocks, and these...            





Some sashiko blocks that I bought about 3 or 4 years ago along with some lovely red fabric to sash between them. Some of the red fabric went onto a santa, he is very smart, but then as time passes you change your mind. I treated myself to the 


Susan Briscoe Japanese Blocks book a few months ago. 
In Birmingham I came across a pattern I liked made up several times, and it was in my book - so I made it, 



made another 

and then thought ... mmm... maybe they would sit together with these sashiko blocks. So that's the plan. Border - undecided, finished quilt - who knows, but I like the thought of it appearing before me. I do wear a bangle that says Que Sera on it... don't normally live by it... I try though.







2 comments:

Lis Harwood said...

Your sashiko and other blocks are gorgeous, definitely go for the quilt project, what about a rust/terracotta sashing rather than red? Looking forward to seeing it all finished - no pressure though!

Polly Hope said...

Hi Lis,
Thanks for your lovely comments. The blocks are now together on the kitchen wall for inspiration and the terracotta/beigey/browny one is what is coming out as the accent.

hand

hand
Hi!